Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dancing Through the Snow Book Club

Dancing Through The Snow.
I like this book because it gives a lot of emotional feelings.
My favourite charectar is Jess because she is soft hearted and king, always lets
people off and she always forgives people.  I would reccomend this book to ages nine or ten.
Book club was a great experience for me because we all got to share are feelings about this book.
I felt really sad in some parts because Min always got regected from her foster parents.  I loved when Min and Penny sang Where is love from Oliver.  I think that even though Min might not be the best singer she is always going to be a good singer because she tried.

By:Sarah


This month our book club read Dancing Through the Snow by Jean Little. We had 12 girls from grades 4-6 take part in our lunch hour discussion.  We discussed what it would be like for Min to go from foster home to foster home and how her trust grew by living with Jess.  The girls were chatty about character development saying Jean Little is very good and building strong characters, especially female characters.  Those participating loved the story and offered great reflections.

Some comments included:

The book was a great book and I want to red it again!  At first I felt sorry for Min but things got better.  I think it was funny when Min and her friends chased Laird the bully.  Gr. 4 student

I felt sorry for Min at First.  My favourite character is Jess because she has personality. I liked Maude because she had personality.  Gr. 4 student

I thought it was a good book out of what I read.  It is very interesting.  After the first couple of pages you just dive in!  I think it's beautiful.  The author used lots of good ways to express the characters thoughts and feelings.  My favourite would be Jess Hart.  Overall of what I read so far, it's awesome!  Gr. 6 student

I think that Min at first is quite left out until she meets Jess.  I also think that Jess is very kind hearted person, always willing to help and soft hearted.  I think Toby is a funny, intelligent person.  He is very brave & loves dogs.  Gr. 4 student

1 comment:

  1. Great review on "Dancing Through the Snow" Danielle and Sarah!
    Mr. M.

    ReplyDelete