Monday, August 27, 2012

Returning to school is like receiving a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils

...the title of this blog post is paraphrased from one of my favourite movies "You've Got Mail

Every fall (late summer) as I re-enter the school and see the shiny floors and dusted shelves, thanks to our great custodian Dave, I envision bouquets of sharpened pencils, fresh erasers and clean white boards.....soon to be followed by excited children, tanned, rested and smiling ready to share their  summer adventures.

I was excited to walk into school today and see the book shelves packed full of books waiting to get into the hands of our kids.  I'm eager to chat about my summer reads and learn about your summer reads.  I could feel the energy in the school today as teachers worked in their classrooms, caught up with colleagues and shared experiences.

We are looking forward to seeing all our fabulous Randerson kids and parents next week.  Remember school begins Tuesday September 4th from 10:30-11:30. 

Here are some pictures of our staff professional development day of learning and sharing technology. 



No comments:

Post a Comment