Thursday, January 26, 2012

Family Literacy Week update ~ Keep those forms coming in :)

Final clues for Who Am I?  
Cllue #3 ~ Although I now call New York home and I travel the world playing jazz music, one my favourite places to return to is my home in Nanoose Bay with my husband Elvis and two boys.

Clue #2 ~  I have lived all over North America from Nanaimo to Boston to LA to New York.  I love Vancouver Island and always enjoy my visits home. I have won 2 Grammys. 

Clue #1 ~  I was born in 1964 in Nanaimo and grew up in a very musical family.  I attended the Berklee School of Music in Boston. 

Do you know who I am?


Person #2         Who Am I?

Mystery clue #4      Who am I?  I was a developer in the city.  Did you know all parks on Protection Island have pirate themed names.  That's because of me. 

Mystery Clue #3     Who am I?  The last school built in Nanaimo was named after me.
 
Mystery clue #2      Who am I?
I have been mayor of our fine city and I love dressing up as a pirate for city events.

Mystery clue #1      Who am I? 
Did you know Nanaimo has more than 588 hectares of City parks, over 100 kilometres of trails and 65 playgrounds?  That doesn't include the 22 sports fields in our Harbour City.  (source: City of Nanaimo)
I can be found in one of our many parks

If you know the answers come tell me and you will get a chance to enter the draw.
Here's what Randerson kids are doing to celebrate
Family Literacy Week


Many students are now coming in with the correct answers to Who Am I? 
Today Gr. 4 students Khushi and Isha came in to school early and looked up the answer.  Yeah!!!  They got to put their name in the draw. 

Grade 2 student Rylee made 3 recipies from the Star Wars cookbook.  Yum Yum! 

We now have more than 30 students entered in the draws.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow where I know a lot more forms will be coming in. 
Tomorrow's the big draw.  It's great to see all the enthusiasm and lots of entries coming in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment