Thursday, May 3, 2012

Guest bloggers today are Gr. 2's

Our Gr. 2's reflect on releasing the salmon fry into the river

"Releasing the fry was awesome because I got to release two.  We dumped them out in a jar.  We put them in salmon habitat, a river.  The two invertebrates I caught was the best part of the trip." 
Wyler

" I liked when we released the fish and we got to release four fry.  I learned that salmon can't survive in warm water."  Brendan

" When I released the salmon it felt awesome because we had them for so long.  It's just so exciting to see them go.  It was really, really fun learning about other things at the fish hatchery, like when something in the ocean dies the rest of the ocean dies too."                                       Trysta

" It was really sad for me too that the fish go because we had them in the classroom for so long and I'm going to miss them.  The fish tank with the fish in it was a nice sound in our classroom.  The classroom smelled really good when the fish were there.  It smelt a little bit like fish."           Emma

" It was fun letting the salmon go.  It was fun having them in the classroom.  Salmon have a life - cycle. I will miss the salmon.  The salmon was small.  It was a fry when we released them. "     Leah

"The fish was a great thing to see.  The fish kept on coming to the top of the tank when we were not there.  The fish swam alot.  The life-cycle is egg. alevin, fry, smolt, adult, spawner.  I had fun on the field trip."                                Gavin

"It was fun releasing them.  When we were gone they went up to the top and we were there they went to the bottom of the fish tank.  I will miss the fry."                                                  Cadence

"It was fun having the salmon.  I played a salmon play.  All of the people in our class did different salmon stations.  I liked when the salmon swam up and down in the fish tank.  I liked learning about the salmon life cycle."                         Kai

" I was sad when we released the fry because they were so cute.  I can't have fry sandwiches anymore.  I still think their cute and I won't eat them now.  We got to put them in little jars when we released them.  We dipped the jars into the river.  The water was a bit cold.  The fry swam away and hid from us.  They hid in the rocks or anything they could possibly hide in."                   Tal

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts Trysta, Cadence, Tal, Kai, Gavin, Leah, and Emma! You learned many things about salmon. Well done!
    Mr. Mazzei

    ReplyDelete